Leaders in Breast Imaging for Women in North Central Florida
Dr.Arlene Weinshelbaum established the Gainesville Women’s Center for Radiology in 1982 with the principal goal of saving lives through the early detection of breast cancer. Since then, the office has served more than 71,000 women throughout North Central Florida.
- First mammography office in Gainesville and the most recognized breast imaging facility in North Central Florida
- First facility in the area to offer 3D imaging–the most advanced type mammography imaging and currently the only office that offers 3D imaging for all patients.
- First office to provide patients with same day results.
- First office to offer computer aided detection.
- First office to do breast ultrasound and core biopsies of the breast
- First facility in Gainesville to be accredited by the American College of Radiology in mammography, and by the FDA in accordance with the MQSA (the Mammography Quality Standards Act).
With over 35 years of experience, we are committed to providing patients throughout North Central Florida with excellent care using the most advanced technology in a supportive and caring environment.